Opportunity Crudes Conference 2008
In May 2008, Hydrocarbon Publishing Company and the Crude Oil Quality Group (COQG) co-hosted Opportunity Crudes 2008 in Houston, Texas (US). The conference was held to promote the knowledge of business gurus and technical experts, to discover the latest challenges and benefits of processing high-acid crudes (HACs) and bottom-of-the-barrel (BOB) oil, and to network and share ideas with peers.
The two-day event brought together industry-renowned leaders in
- Crude oil marketing
- Transportation and logistics
- Quality evaluation
- Crude oil blending and compatibility
- Corrosion and fouling monitoring and control
- Conventional and emerging catalysts for BOB processing
The conference was a huge success, with over 175 attending industry professionals from 15 countries and 50 companies working in crude oil advising, quality characteristics, refining fuel coordination, processing technology development, R&D, desalting, crude and vacuum distillation, delayed coking, fluid catalytic cracking, production planning, strategy and business development, economic and market analyses, plant health and safety, and corrosion and materials.
- Alberta Oil Sands Production to the US Gulf Coast – Are You Ready? Gerald Bruce, MEG Energy
- Application of HCAT Technology in Commercial Hydrocracker to Upgrade Difficult Feedstocks. Roger Lott, Headwaters Technology Innovation
- Blending Compatibility and Incompatibility of Opportunity Crudes. Dr. Irv Wiehe, Soluble Solutions
- Canada’s Energy Future, Dr. John S. Bulger, Canadian National Energy Board
- Capturing Value Through Optimization of FCC Catalyst Technology for Processing Opportunity Feedstocks Derived from Canadian Oil Sands. Joe McLean, BASF Catalysts
- Control Corrosion and Fouling with Opportunity Crudes. Dr. Collin Cross, GE Water & Process Technologies
- Corrosion Issues with Opportunity Crudes – More Than TAN. Dr. Bruce Randolph, ConocoPhillips
- Crudes of Opportunity: How do we measure what we need to know about them. Anne Shafizadeh, Chevron ETC
- Dehydration and Desalting of Opportunity Crudes: A Step Forward. Gary Sams, NATCO
- Enbridge System: Crude Types, Transportation, and Handling Systems. Ashok Anand, Enbridge Pipelines
- Handling Desalter and Corrosion Issues for Opportunity Crude Oils. Dr. Lawrence Kremer, BakerPetrolite
- Impact and Management of Opportunity Crudes on the Desalting and Wastewater Process. Sam Lordo, Nalco Energy Services
- Impact of Processing Opportunity Crudes on Refinery Utility Systems and Off-sites. Sushil Aggarwal, Fluor Enterprises
- Is Vacuum Distillation Still the Best Choice? Vasant Patel, KBR
- New Heavy Oil DRA Improves Flow of Opportunity Crudes. Adam Seals, ConocoPhillips Specialty Products
- Opportunity Crudes: Supply and Processing Economics Outlook. Kurt Barrow, Purvin & Gertz.
- Processing of Low-cost Opportunity Crudes in a FCC. Jeff Oberlin, Albemarle Catalysts.
- Quality Issues for Processing Brazilian Heavy Crudes. Maria Elizabeth Marsiglia, Petrobras S.A.
- Refining Opportunity Crudes: When is an opportunity not an opportunity. Dr. Russell D. Kane, Honeywell and iCorrosion LLC
- Stretching Refinery Limits – Evaluating Opportunity Crudes. Pat Swafford, Spiral Software Ltd.
- Swimming Against the Current? Taking a proven technology to the wellhead. Odette Eng, KBR Energy & Chemicals
- The Challenges and Opportunities in Processing Bitumen and Heavy Oils. Dr. Parviz Rahimi, National Center for Upgrading Technology (NCUT)
- Topnir and Simcrude Systems – The unique tool for crude management application to Ecopetrol crude network. Dr. Xavier Capron, TopNIR Systems.
- Unconventional Crude Processing: Metals. Scott Sayles, KBC Advanced Technologies
The papers listed above are available for purchase. To order your copy, click here.